Terms and Conditions
Our proprietary freight rating system automatically calculates the most cost effective method to ship your order, either a small package carrier like UPS or an LTL “Less Than Truckload” carrier like ABF. Unless the customer requests otherwise, The Traffic Safety Store ships using the least expensive method possible ‘prepaid’ and simply adds the shipping charge to the customer’s invoice or credit card charge.
Standard LTL trucking terms and conditions are as follows:
- Delivery to “Tail End” of the Truck - the truck driver is obligated to deliver the shipment to the back of his or her truck. This means that the customer is responsible for having either a loading dock or a fork lift to use to get the shipment off the back of the truck and into their building.
- Commercial address - if your shipment is to a residential address, please indicate that when ordering and our system will automatically add the surcharge for deliveries to a Residential Address. If a shipment is calculated to a Commercial Address and the delivery company later determines that was in fact a Residential Address, the customer hereby authorizes The Traffic Safety Store to charge the customer for this Residential Delivery Surcharge.
- Someone must be present to sign for your shipment (No exceptions) - So either:
- plan accordingly to ensure that someone will be at your delivery address to receive your shipment
- when ordering, be sure to specify when someone will not be there (i.e. “No Receiving Hours on Mondays” or “Closed the Monday after the Fourth of July Weekend”).
If you do not specify receiving times/days and the trucking company attempts to deliver but you are either not there or are unable to receive your shipment, there will be a Re-Delivery Charge added to your order or invoice.
Within 30 days of the date of receipt by the customer, “returnable items” may be returned for full refund, less the original cost of shipping from The Traffic Safety Store to the customer. If you wish to make a return, please call 1-800-429-9030 to receive an authorization number and an address where you can ship the merchandise. Return items must be in new and unused condition. We cannot issue refunds for any product that has been installed or used in any way.
- Some items are not returnable under any circumstances. These are:
- traffic cones and parking blocks with custom stenciling/lettering
- safety vests with custom lettering/logos
- custom signs
- water filled barricades
When ordering these items, please confirm their suitability for your needs before placing your order. Our Sales Associates will be happy to answer any questions and, if necessary, arrange for proofs or samples prior to placing your order.
- On items that are returnable, the customer is responsible for shipping the item in new, unused condition to The Traffic Safety Store.